BRASILATINO STUDIOS 1ST YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Meet our dance stars
JULIANA & RAFAEL
Brazil - Brisbane
Brazil - USA
RACHEL & WESLEY
Brazil/Australia - Adelaide
BRUNA & FELIPE
Brazil - Adelaide
NIKKI & SHAUN
Australia - Adelaide
“LIFE IS BETTER WHEN YOU DANCE”
• This is not a BZDC registered competition, just for the opportunity to gain experience competing and have some fun.
• There will be two categories; Amateur and Open.
• Competitors will dance to a randomly selected song at a standard bpm.
• Competitors will be judged as a couple.
Level will be determined as follows:
• Applies to all dancers with less than 2 years of Brazilian Zouk experience.
• Head movement is not required in this division.
• It is permitted to compete above your level and if desired enter more than one division.
• Applies to dancers with more than 2 years of Brazilian Zouk experience.
• Head movement is expected and encouraged.
• If you have more than 2 years of experience you cannot compete below Open level.
Due to the smaller dance scene in Adelaide, in order to give the opportunity for as many people to compete as possible, competitors may have the chance to compete with more than one partner. This depends on the ratio of leaders : followers and is subject to the following conditions:
• You can only enter as a registered couple ONCE, if you wish to compete again you will enter only as yourself. We will match the remaining leaders and followers together at random.
• If you don’t have a partner, you can still register as a Solo competitor, and we will do our best to match you with another Solo competitor.
• You only enter as either a leader or follower per division – i.e., if a competitor wants to enter as a leader in Amateur and a follower in Open they can, but not as a leader and follower in the same division.
• Dancers with more than 2 years Brazilian Zouk experience can only compete in Open and therefore must only compete in one role: a leader or follower.
• Maximum entry twice per division (subject to numbers as above).
• You will be judged separately for each entry.
• Brazilian Zouk foundations
• Ability to keep partner on balance
• Ability to lead/follow
• Dancing on time
• Ability to keep partner on centre
• Partner awareness